home > resources
and links > programming > exercise > benefits of physical activity*- site map
BENEFITS OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
By Nikki Carrion, MA
Co-owner; Fit Xpress LLC
- Reduced risk of heart disease by improving blood circulation throughout the body.
- Weight control.
- Used together with proper nutrition…weight loss.
- Assists in the prevention of Type II diabetes, as well as various other lifestyle-related diseases.
- Helps to maintain, or to lower, blood pressure.
- Reduction in cholesterol & increase in HDL’s is likely.
levels of energy.
- Helps to manage stress by releasing tension.
- Likely to improve self-image/self-concept
- Increase in bone density and prevention of bone deterioration.
- Counters anxiety and depression.
- Increases optimism & zest for life.
- Opportunity to share activities with friends & family.
- Promotes peaceful sleep patterns.
- IN THE OLDER POPULATION: Helps to delay and/or prevent the onset of chronic illnesses & diseases associated with aging. Thereby, helping individuals to maintain “quality” of life, mobility & independence.
Nikki Carrion MA
Co-Owner; FitXpress LLC
Health Promotion Consulting Services