resources and links > programming > special events/themes> christine's themes >famous couples
CHRISTINE'S THEMES: CREATIVE THEMED ACTIVITY PROGRAMS
By Christine Jennings
Game – Match the couples that belong together. You can give hints if you need to. For information one each couple check out biography.com. In the search window type famous couples and click on the recommended site “Famous Couples Mini Site”, then click on The Timeline of Love. Here are a few couples to give you an idea of couples to use for the match game:
- Nefertiti and Amenhotep IV
- Antony and Cleopatra
- Abigail and John Adams
- Napoleon and Josephine
- Annie Oakley and Frank Butler
- Franklin E. and Eleanor Roosevelt
- George Burns and Gracie Allen
- Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow
- Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz
- Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall
- Prince Rainier and Grace Kelly
- Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward
- John Lennon and Yoko One
Fashion Show – Have a famous couples fashion show. Let couples and staff dress up in the same time era that their favorite couple was famous in. When they are modeling don’t give the name of the couple they have chosen, just give three hints as to who they are. Let the other residents vote on who they are. The couple with the most correct votes wins.
Game – Name things that are usually coupled together:
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Apple pie and vanilla ice cream
- Table and chairs
- Knife and forks
- Sun and sky
- Moon and stars
- Day and night
- Salt and pepper
- Bacon and eggs
- Okay, I think you get the idea so add your own and see how many the residents will get too.
Social - Have a social so couples can dance, serve perfect pear desserts.
Movie – Suggestions: Frankie and Johnny, Bonnie and Clyde, Lucy & Desi: Before the Laughter
Christine volunteers her time compiling these activities, so please take a moment to let her know what you think. Your feedback is greatly appreciated! Click HERE to send a comment.