ONE ON ONE ACTIVITIES
- Involves 2 people (resident and staff, peers, family and/or volunteers)Intervention depends on the needs and interest of the individual.
- Try to visit the same time and day.
- Don’t just visit; have something prepared.
- Document resident’s response to visit.
- With some creativity and adaptation, most group activities can be offered on a one to one basis.
- Activity staff, volunteers, family members, visitors, and other health care providers can provide one to one activities that are meaningful to the resident.
For fantastic one to one ideas and tips, check out the One to One Inservice package.